Sub-Sister: Adventures in Substitute Teaching

Friday, July 14, 2006

102 Things Meme

I know that 102 is an odd number, but it was originally 150 and I tried to pare it down to 100. I almost made it. I know I promised pictures of the Italy/UK trip, but I'm visiting the hometown and am away from my copious amounts of photos. However, I can't sleep... so I have to do something to occupy my time :) I stole this from Coffee Crochet, who borrowed it from someone else (bloggers are so generous!!) And while some people have merely been highlighting what they've done, I need to fill in the long nighttime hours that are ahead, so you're gonna get explanations, Baby!

Have You Ever:
1. . Bought everyone in the bar a drink - I'll give you a call when I win the lottery.
2. . Climbed a mountain - A tiny North Carolinian one.
3. . Taken a Ferrari for a test drive - I have never test-driven anything cooler than a... well, I've never driven anything cool.
4. . Held a tarantula - Oddly, Yes.
5. . Said ‘I love you’ and meant it - Yes. Daily!
6. . Hugged a tree - Yes... I was a weird teenager.
7. . Bungee jumped - No, but I'd ike to think that I would.
8. . Visited Paris - Yep.
9. . Watched a lightning storm at sea - Yes. Awesome sight.
10. . Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - Yes. In my younger days ;)
11. . Seen the Northern Lights - No, but I think I should. Anyone want to come with? Let's go.
12. . Gone to a huge sports game - Not really, just college level.
13. . Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa - No, but I watched my friends do it!
14. . Grown and eaten your own vegetables - I kill things, I don't cause them to grow.
15. . Slept under the stars - Yes.
16. . Changed a baby’s diaper - Yes. Is that unusual?!
17. . Taken a trip in a hot air balloon - No, but I'd love to. We get them around here every once in a while, and I turn into a little kid, waving and grinning.
18. . Watched a meteor shower - Yes. Would have watched longer if it hadn't been for the mosquitoes. Stupid southern summers.
19. . Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - Yes. It's called Astronomy Class. But since I got a "D", I don't think I knew what I was looking at.

20. . Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - Inevitably! Funerals are my forte.
21. . Had a food fight - No. I feel as though I had a deprived childhood.
22. . Asked out a stranger - No. I'm waaaay too shy for that!
23. . Had a snowball fight - Yes. It was all fun and games until someone put their eye out. Kidding! Kind of.
24. . Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - No, but I do have nightmares where I'm being chased and I CAN'T scream. Maybe I should sometime to hear what I can do.
25. . Seen a total eclipse - Yes.
26. . Ridden a roller coaster - Rode my first upside-down loopty-loop one when I was 24. I now love them.
27. . Hit a home run - Ha! Please! I was lucky when I managed not to hurt myself in gym. Home run... *snort*
28. . Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - Every time I dance.
29. . Adopted an accent for an entire day - Not intentionally...
30. . Visited all 50 states - Only about 25 of 'em.
31. . Taken care of someone who was drunk - Unfortunately, yes. If you call watching them lay down on the sidewalk and be sick "taking care".
32. . Had amazing friends - Yes!
33. . Danced with a stranger in a foreign country - Yes. I salsa danced with a nice man in Paris who seemed very interested in my backside. Amazingly, I only danced one dance with him.
34. . Watched wild whales - No. I've been told you can see them off the N.C. coast, but I haven't seen any.
35. . Stolen a sign - Hmmm... does an orange construction cone count?
36. . Backpacked in Europe - Yes!
37. . Taken a road-trip - Ditto.
38. . Gone rock climbing - I've done some difficult scrambling.
39. . Midnight walk on the beach - No.
40. . Gone sky diving - Oh, no no no!
41. . In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them - Yes. I can be right friendly-like!
42. . Milked a cow - No. Be willing to give it a shot...
43. . Alphabetized your cds - What? And ruin the joy of flipping through all 300 cd's to find that one elusive track?
44. . Pretended to be a superhero - I used to be Wonder Woman when I was little.
45. . Sung karaoke - No. But I do sing solos in church on occasion.
46. . Lounged around in bed all day - Yep.
47. . Gone scuba diving - No. Not sure I'd like that.
48. . Kissed in the rain - No! I've been deprived! DEPRIVED, I tell you!
49. . Played in the mud - Oh fine... this, I've done.
50. . Gone to a drive-in theater - Saw re-released Grease.
51. . Toured ancient sites - I'm normally opposed to organized sightseeing, but getting a tour of the Colosseum and Forum in Rome is well worth it.
52. . Taken a martial arts class - No.
53. . Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight - Even I'm not that nerdy. Bless.
54. . Gotten married - Nope.
55. . Been in a movie - Not that I know of!
56. . Crashed a party - Yes. I frequently invite myself places.
57. . Made cookies from scratch - Yes!
58. . Ridden a gondola in Venice - Yes, but I couldn't get anyone to make out with me, which I thought was a requisite on one of those things.
59. . Gotten a tattoo - Yes.
60. . Been on television news programs as an “expert” - Ooh! What could I be an expert of? Crocheting? Scrapbooking? Reading? Staring off into space?
61. . Got flowers for no reason - No... how sad...
62. . Performed on stage - Yes. Made myself join Drama class in High School to try and combat some of my overwhelming shyness.
63. . Gone to Thailand - No, but it's on my list!
64. . Bought a house - No. I'm more of a Condo person.
65. . Been on a cruise ship - Oh, my stars! NO!
66. . Spoken more than one language fluently - Ha! I can't even speak English fluently half the time.
67. . Performed in Rocky Horror. - I was very nearly Magenta once.
68. . Followed your favorite band/singer on tour - No.
69. . Picked up and moved to another city to just start over - No... but I would.
70. . Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - No.
71. . Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking - Daily.
72. . Had plastic surgery - No.
73. . Wrote articles for a large publication - Nope.
74. . Piloted an airplane - I will before I die.
75. . Petted a stingray - Yes.
76. . Broken someone’s heart - Not as far as I know! If I did, I'm so sorry!
77. . Broken a bone - No. Sprained quite a few things, though.
78. . Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced - No, but I'm not particularly opposed.
79. . Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol - Yes.
80. . Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild - No. I like my fungus fresh from the grocery, and full of insecticides.
81. . Ridden a horse - No. Deprived!
82. . Had major surgery - No.
83. . Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - No, but I looked at it. It looked lovely.
84. . Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours - I wouldn't doubt it.
85. . Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days - No, but I would love to!
86. . Eaten sushi - Ew.
87. . Had your picture in the newspaper - Not since I was about 5.
88. . Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about - If I did, they didn't let me know.
89. . Gone back to school - Yes!
90. . Parasailed - I will someday.
91. . Eaten fried green tomatoes - No. I'm a bad Southerner, aren't I?
92. . Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey - Yes. Thank you English degree.
93. . Skipped all your school reunions - Actually, I think I've been to all the get-togethers.
94. . Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - I am the master of foreign-language charades.
95. . Been elected to public office - Was Drama Club Prez. in high school... does that count?
96. . Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream - Who does this?!?
97. . Built your own PC from parts - I'm counting the rebuild (new mobo, cpu, fan, etc) I'm working on now as a "yes".
98. . Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you - Yes.
99. . Dyed your hair - Ha! Frequently.
100. . Been a DJ - No.
101. . Shaved your head - No, but I think I'd consider it... ;)
102. . Caused a car accident - Caused? No. Been in? Too many.


And there you have it, Ladies and Gentleman. Enjoy.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home