Sub-Sister: Adventures in Substitute Teaching

Friday, October 20, 2006

Bus Driver Training

OK. So here are the bus driving details I promised:

I hit curbs.

That's it. Other than the whole determined-to-run-over-every-curb-in-the-county thing, I am a perfect driver. And as far as I remember, having a bus driver who hit curbs was a benefit when I was in school. You get to sit in the back (if you're cool enough, or quick enough to beat out the cool kids) and bounce nearly to the roof when the driver runs over one of those puppies. It was like a fun schoolday bonus. So me hitting curbs isn't actually a shortcoming, is it? It's really a plus. I'm adding joy to the lives of the poor little dearies!

This did make for a bit of a stressful training, though. We had to do quite a lot of driving in a teensy-tiny downtown area. You know the kind: one lane roads that the ever-so-intelligent local government has determined is somehow capable of accomodating 2-way traffic. Add to this scenario a ginormous yellow school bus, lines of cars parallel parked along the side of the road, and a freaked-out curb-hitting newbie driver. Stir. Bake at 350, and let the carnage begin.

Woo Hoo!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home