Sub-Sister: Adventures in Substitute Teaching

Friday, April 13, 2007

Blogging Excuses

I'm so sorry I've been MIA! I do have a really good excuse, though. Really. You see, the dog ate my laptop.

I thought it was due next week?

Someone stole all my ideas?

No, I remember now. I got a new job. I will be an actual Real Teacher for the remainder of the school year. So over the Spring Break (which we old-timers always called "Easter Vacation" back in the day) I've been holed up in my new room playing catch up.

I have read novels, I have had acid-flashbacks over the Geography book, I have cleaned through eons of school-created dust strata, I have rearranged hundreds of National Geographic magazines dating back to the 1950's, and I have graded a pile of papers that teetered at an impressive 18"tall.

And... for the first time in my life, I have created full-on lesson plans. See, I've been busy.

As I want to teach full time, anyway, this is a great chance for me to get my feet wet. But this does mean that I'll no longer be subbing. And you know what? I'm actually going to miss it a little. I enjoyed getting to meet all sorts of different people, and the excitement of never knowing what the day would throw at me, and being wakened at 6 am with an emergency sub assignment, and being pulled out of the nice comfortable English class I had been planning on to cover the ISS kids who just sent their sub home crying.

Waitaminute. I won't miss any of that. I'll get to know where I'm supposed to be every day, and when I should be there, and I'll still never have to worry about getting bored... 'cause no one has EVER said that teaching is boring. :)

But this does mean that Sub-Sister will now be defunct. It isn't needed anymore. It has let me vent and share things that I thought might give you a chuckle, but I'm not a sub anymore. But I am a REal Teacher, and I'm sure that will provide more taht enough fodder for blog-land... if I can find the time to write. Try me here: Miss Teacher Lady, But give me a week or so to get all my ducklings in a row, OK?

I'll leave Sub-Sister up because I've put alot of time and effort into it. Goodbye and good luck, my dears!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home